Subscribe Now: google

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines
Custom Search

Friday, November 14, 2008

The Spirit of Freedom

and breathe...just breathe. when are we really free? when we feel "high" inside out? when we try new things? or when we stop and look for the uniqueness in every individual, that in understanding them we are free? Perhaps,the more pressing query is what is your concept of freedom? flying? laughing out loud or being happy with who you are? For me, my concept of it is to understand that freedom is not absolute. It is bounded by limitations that may be written by the law or laid down by your own rational mind. Even with the presence of restrictions and stringent rules, when you understand the whole "meaning" behind it. For what is a curfew given to a teenager, for what are the reminders of parents. In understanding the purpose of one's actions, one is free. Another concept is that of relativity, of ideas, convictions and principles. I may differ from the other. I will strongly disagree with one's idea. Still, it is his being relative and freedom to express it that makes him human. Fully human, fully alive. Although, i am open for my distaste for hypocrisy. For pretentions. But, ironically, i admit to being a hypocrite. For not wanting to face my demons. For not taking the risk I should have done a year ago. I also admit to being pretentious. Pretending of things that normally would bother an ordinary person. Not to say, of course, that i am not ordinary. It is just that, I am open and frank with my dealings but hostile just the same in expressing how i truly feel. I repeat , time and again, I am understood by only a select few. Finally, let me just ask you, are you free?

No comments: